People have known the benefits of cannabidiol (or CBD) and its products for ages and have used them for various medical purposes.
But what is CBD, and why should you consider incorporating a CBD topical balm into your health regimen?
Read on to learn more about CBD balms, how they work, and where to buy a suitable CBD topical balm to relieve pain and aid muscle recovery.
What is CBD?
CBD is one of many active compounds extracted from the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant. Hemp-derived CBD products have many health benefits, and they are used to provide mild pain relief from inflammatory and neuropathic pain.
Plus, they are free from the intoxicating effects of marijuana. You get to enjoy all the benefits of the medicinal properties of CBD products without getting high or being ‘stoned.’
CBD is available in three different forms:
- CBD isolate: pure CBD that contains no other cannabinoids from the plant
- Broad spectrum CBD: has other cannabis plant compounds but no THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD: contains small amounts of THC but not enough to cause intoxication.
What is a CBD Balm?
CBD balms are topical products popular for their health benefits, including pain management and skin care. They are made with thick, waxy bases such as beeswax and shea butter.
CBD balms contain many beneficial ingredients, such as minerals and vitamin E, which add to their medicinal effects. Other common ingredients of topical CBD products include peppermint oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and essential oils that support skin health.
CBD balm’s hard texture distinguishes it from other topical CBD products and makes it very useful in certain situations. The hard texture means CBD balms take longer to absorb into the skin.
A CBD balm provides pain relief more extended than some other topicals with thinner textures. So, if you want to treat chronic pain and inflammation over time, hemp-infused CBD balm may be your best option.
Are CBD Balms Safe?
CBD is a complete herbal solution, so no chemicals are used. Most CBD products, including CBD balms, are generally safe to use, and CBD balms contain only natural ingredients for targeted pain relief, making them safe for people with sensitive skin.
Using a CBD balm to alleviate pain eliminates the need to be concerned about harsh chemicals that may harm your skin.
Some users report experiencing mild side effects after using a CBD muscle balm, such as redness and skin irritation. Also, avoid applying to broken skin.
Check the following to ensure the CBD balm you’re purchasing is safe:
- Ingredients: The balm should contain only natural ingredients like organic shea butter, beeswax, and peppermint oil, as well as pure CBD.
- Dose: Only purchase CBD balm that specifies the precise dosage you should take.
- Third-party lab testing: High-quality CBD balms will be tested by third-party labs to ensure the label information is correct.
CBD Balm Benefits
The popularity of topical CBD products has increased since their use became federally legal. The biggest reason behind this is the many benefits of CBD, such as giving effective pain relief for sore muscles and muscle aches.
Studies of the potential health benefits of CBD suggest that CBD extracts:
Benefits of CBD Balms
1. Rich in antioxidants
CBD balm contains a lot of antioxidants, and these help to heal blemishes on your skin. As a result, the skin is always moisturized and free of irritation. CBD also reduces the effects of skin allergens and improves skin texture.
2. Slows down skin aging and wrinkles
When your skin is dry, wrinkles form, so increasing oil production may be beneficial. CBD balm may help reduce the development of fine lines and wrinkles because it contains ingredients that keep your skin moisturized. It also hastens the development of new skin cells. In this way, topical CBD products aid in the preservation of youth.
3. Treats acne
CBD balm goes inside your skin and prevents the production of sebum hormone, which is responsible for acne. It closes the pores responsible for acne and gradually fades the pimples on your skin.
4. Heals, rashes, and burns
CBD balm boosts your healing power when you cut or burn your skin. It hastens the formation of new cells in the areas where cutting and burning have occurred. It also helps with rashes and breakouts.
5. Good for dry skin
Due to its ingredients, CBD balm can efficiently nourish dehydrated skin. It contains omega 6-3 fatty acids, which help to keep your skin moist.
6. Great for managing chronic pain relief
Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and helps manage joint pain. It does this by penetrating your skin and connecting it to pain receptors. It is also the most effective arthritis treatment.
7. Treats eczema
CBD balm keeps your skin from becoming dry. It nourishes and moisturizes your skin, protecting it from itching and breakouts.
8. Improves recovery time
CBD balm can help quell soreness and muscle aches. CBD inhibits the production of cells that impede muscle recovery, allowing you to feel better faster.
How to Use CBD Balms
CBD balm is a topical product. Topical products such as CBD balm, CBD sticks, and CBD oil balm are applied directly to the affected skin. Apply the balm after getting out of the shower or bath, as the skin is exposed to elements that could dry it out. Take some balm and warm it in your palm. Then rub it on the painful or troublesome area and leave it there until you feel relief.
Important: Before using a CBD balm, always check and follow the instructions printed on the packaging and stick to the recommended dose.
Where to Buy CBD Balm Products
Many brands of CBD balms are on the market, both in online and physical stores. With so many cannabidiol extracts sold online, deciding what and where to buy CBD balms can be challenging. You should select a CBD product based on its safety, quality, and transparency.
Look for a CBD balm that:
- Made by a company that is open about the source of their hemp
- Certified as having no more than 0.3 percent THC
- Made by a company that shows proof of third-party evaluation by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- Has passed pesticide, mold, and heavy metal testing
An excellent choice is Keoni CBD. You will find some of the best CBD balms in America.
Conclusion on CBD Oil Balms
Deciding to use a CBD balm can be highly beneficial. CBD products, including CBD balms, are becoming increasingly popular in the skincare industry. CBD is an antioxidant that can help keep your skin from drying out.
CBD balm is topical, meaning it’s applied directly to the skin to relieve the affected area. Suppose you are looking for a safe topical CBD product targeting a specific area of your body. In that case, a CBD balm might be what you are looking for.
- (PDF) the Effects of Vitamin E on the Skin Lipid Peroxidation and the … https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11548998_The_effects_of_vitamin_E_on_the_skin_lipid_peroxidation_and_the_clinical_improvement_in_vitiligo_patients_treated_with_PUVA.
- Philpott, Holly T, et al. “Attenuation of Early Phase Inflammation by Cannabidiol Prevents Pain and Nerve Damage in Rat Osteoarthritis.” Pain, Wolters Kluwer, Dec. 2017, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5690292/.
- Corroon, Jamie, and Joy A Phillips. “A Cross-Sectional Study of Cannabidiol Users.” Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., 1 July 2018, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6043845/.
- Mudd, Dr. Leslie. “Does CBD Oil Have THC? Ask a Pharmacist.” Cornbread Hemp™, 1 Sept. 2020, https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/blogs/learn/does-cbd-have-thc.
- Pahr, Kristi. “Your Guide to CBD.” Healthline, Healthline Media, 3 Apr. 2020, https://www.healthline.com/health/your-cbd-guide.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) and Its Analogs: A Review of Their Effects on … https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272373349_Cannabidiol_CBD_and_its_analogs_A_review_of_their_effects_on_inflammation.