We live in a modern, digital world where the phone is either in our hands or within reach. Notifications are constantly taking our attention from the job at hand. Not to mention long to-do lists, friends, family, and all other people and things with demands on our time. All of this makes it difficult to concentrate.
Luckily, there’s a natural solution for this. CBD can promote your well-being, enhance physical and mental health, and help you concentrate better.
I wanted to find out if CBD can really help with focus. I spent countless hours researching CBD and concentration and talked with a health professional. Here’s everything you should know about CBD for focus and concentration.
- CBD is extracted from hemp plants.
- CBD can help focus and concentration by alleviating pain, providing quality sleep, and lowering anxiety.
- If you’re using prescription medications, you should consult your doctor before using CBD.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a cannabis plant extract. The cannabis plant has over 100 compounds, with THC and CBD being the two main active chemical compounds.
CBD doesn’t have intoxicating properties, which means you won’t get high if you use CBD products.
Hemp-derived CBD products are legal under the 2018 Farm Bill law as long as they have less than 0.3% THC.
There are three kinds of CBD products:
- Full-spectrum CBD — Contains all compounds from the cannabis plant, including THC.
- Broad-spectrum CBD — Contains all compounds from the cannabis plant but no THC.
- CBD isolate — Only contains CBD.
CBD is proven to help with inflammation, pain management, anxiety, depression, blood pressure, and other health issues.
Does CBD Help With Focus?
Yes, CBD helps with focus.
CBD helps focus by aiding sleep. Sleep is crucial for focus, health, and productivity. If we don’t have enough sleep, it’s difficult to function, which leads to a lack of focus. CBD oils relax the muscles and quiet the mind, so it’s easier to have good sleep quality and get a good night’s rest.
Another study showed that CBD increases blood flow to the hippocampus — part of the brain responsible for memory processing. The participants also had a better reaction time for memory tasks.
Moreover, a study by the National Institute of Health found that CBD supports mental health and sharpness. CBD helps the growth of new neurons in the brain, which explains why CBD aids anxiety, sadness, post-traumatic stress disorder, and focus.
How Does CBD Help With Concentration?
CBD helps with concentration by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system is connected to the central nervous system and regulates functions such as digestion, mood, pain, appetite, memory, immune response, and many more.
ECS has cannabinoid receptors throughout our bodies. CBD interacts with these receptors and works in our ECS. It supports a sense of calm for focus by alleviating stress and anxiety symptoms, which is important for maintaining physical and mental health.
If we feel less stressed and anxious, it’s easier to focus on the task at hand.
Overall, CBD helps with concentration by helping with sleep deprivation, pain, and anxiety.
Best CBD Products to Improve Focus
These are the best CBD products to improve focus:
- CBD topicals — These are creams, lotions, serums, CBD oil, and ointments. This help relieves chronic pain or muscle soreness, which helps you maintain focus. You apply them directly to the area in pain, and the ECS system absorbs CBD quickly.
- CBD Capsules — Have a pre-dosed amount of CBD, so you don’t have to wonder how much CBD to take. You swallow capsules or pills. They need to be digested, so they take longer to work than topicals, but the relief will last longer, which means you’ll have a mental focus for longer.
- Beverages and food — These are CBD edibles, such as coffee, tea, and gummies. You can add CBD to your coffee or take CBD gummies for better cognitive function. Edibles also need to be digested before you notice the effects.
- Vapes — You inhale the CBD into your lungs. Vapes have the fastest onset time, as they aren’t digested. You’ll notice immediate relief and better focus.
Where To Buy CBD For Concentration Online?
With so many brands and products to choose from, it’s difficult knowing which ones will work best for you. The most important thing is to do proper research. Check other user reviews and if the CBD products are third-party tested before you make a purchase.
I’ve tried several CBD products for focus and concentration, and the one that provided the best results is Keoni CBD.
This CBD oil is the best solution if you have trouble focusing. It’s broad-spectrum oil, which means there’s no THC and no way you’ll get high. It has a high dose of CBD. It’s vegan, certified cruelty-free, and doesn’t contain any added sugar.
The oil is extracted from the hemp plant, so it’s completely legal and doesn’t have side effects on the human body. Check it out, and never struggle with focus again.
Should You Use CBD for Focus and Concentration?
CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system and influences our body in various ways, including improving focus.
Research suggests CBD can help with anxiety, pain, PTSD, and sleep issues, all of which can lead to a lack of concentration.
The CBD market is huge, so you should be careful where you buy your CBD products. Get third-party tested CBD products, and you’ll have better focus with no side effects.
Holland, K. (2019, January 29). CBD vs. THC: What’s the Difference? Healthline; Healthline Media. https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc
Farm Bill. (n.d.). Www.usda.gov. https://www.usda.gov/farmbill
Alhola, P., & Polo-Kantola, P. (2007). Sleep deprivation: Impact on cognitive performance. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment, 3(5), 553–567.
Bloomfield, M. A. P., Green, S. F., Hindocha, C., Yamamori, Y., Yim, J. L. L., Jones, A. P. M., Walker, H. R., Tokarczuk, P., Statton, B., Howes, O. D., Curran, H. V., & Freeman, T. P. (2020). The effects of acute cannabidiol on cerebral blood flow and its relationship to memory: An arterial spin labeling magnetic resonance imaging study. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 34(9), 981–989. https://doi.org/10.1177/0269881120936419
Maroon, J., & Bost, J. (2018). Review of the neurological benefits of phytocannabinoids. Surgical neurology international, 9, 91. https://doi.org/10.4103/sni.sni_45_18
Raypole, C. (2019, May 17). Endocannabinoid System: A Simple Guide to How It Works. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/endocannabinoid-system